Innovative retailers are beginning to realize that now is the perfect time to implement a unified commerce platform in their business approaches. The results of the 2017 POS/Customer Engagement Survey by Boston Retail Partners show that the future trends of grocery retail are reflecting all aspects of what ECRS has already been committed to developing.
Here are a few of the key points in this whitepaper:
- Unified Commerce – 71% of retailers plan to migrate towards a more coherent shopping environment by adopting a unified platform in the next two years. ECRS’ Catapult system will serve as a fluid transition to ease the retailers into making this change.
- Centralized POS – In the next two years, 60% of retailers will adopt a centralized point of sale. As always, ECRS constantly innovates to assist grocers when it comes to mobile, self-checkout, and traditional POS to provide a quick and satisfying shopping experience.
- Online Offerings – 75% of retailers show interest in hosting a single shared cart across channels in the next three years. The launch of ECRS’ WebCart™ will fulfill these demands and will further empower its users.
- Going Mobile – In the next three years, 58% of retailers plan to spend more on hybrid POS. The mobile POS system offered by ECRS will conveniently meet these demands and will make the checkout experience seamless and swift.
- Shopper Loyalty – 80% of retailers plan to sell based on their customers’ previous purchases. To successfully execute these incentivization initiatives, LoyaltyBot® will provide retailers with the necessary tools to recognize and reward customers.
- Security – 96% of surveyed retailers want to have end-to-end encryption in the next two years. Because ECRS values security, Secure OneTouch™, PA-DSS compliance, and Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) will help retailers keep all customer information confidential.