ECRS has deep roots. We’re built to last for generations.
ECRS is Certified Evergreen…what does that mean?
Certified Evergreen companies are those dedicated to maintaining operational independence, financial sovereignty, and private ownership in the interest of those they serve and those they employ.
This certification signifies ECRS’ commitment to positively impact the people we serve. ECRS is committed to longevity, reliability, and stability: for our team members, our customers, and the communities we operate in.
This means that:
- Our customers can depend on ECRS to be here for the long run. We recognize that our purpose is not profit but that profit is the lifeblood that keeps us going and allows us to reinvest in product innovation. We seek to minimize any risk that would put our ship in jeopardy, including debt., We have no interest in being acquired by equity investors or going public, instead we prize the privilege of remaining private and family owned. Most of all, we reject the mercenary-like attitudes adopted by many other technology companies today, we believe that the value we provide to our customers should always be greater or equal to the value we receive.
- Our team members can depend on ECRS as an organization where they can establish fulfilling, long-term careers, and support their families. We seek to retain our talent, investing in each individual team member, fostering growth and creativity.
- Our communities can depend on ECRS to take an active role in their betterment from year to year. We believe in doing well by doing good in the world around us; a rising tide lifts all boats. When the world around us prospers, so do we.
ECRS continues to stand strong and stable amid the chaos of the retail technology sector
The fast-changing retail technology sector has seen more than its share of storms; there are booms, busts, buyouts and sellouts, and hype bubbles that rise and fall, leaving collateral damage in the wake. ECRS has weathered these storms for the past 30 years, by remaining independent and steadfastly committed to each other and to our customers. Our steadfastness is a compounding, winning ingredient that has benefited all that we serve.
The Evergreen 7Ps™ upheld by the lasting, private companies who achieve Evergreen Certified status.
- operate with purpose,
- demonstrate perseverance,
- adopt a people first approach in business,
- maintain private ownership,
- generate healthy levels of profit,
- achieve paced-growth,
- and pursue pragmatic innovation.
“The Evergreen certification represents a promise: we are here to stay. From the very beginning, we envisioned a company built to last, serve, and thrive for generations to come . I’m proud of the steadfast commitment ECRS has demonstrated for more than 30 years: to our customers, the communities we operate in, and to each other.”
ECRS President & CEO