CATAPULT’s General Ledger Interface allows you to quickly translate worksheet and transaction data from your store(s) into credits and debits for your double-entry bookkeeping system. CATAPULT® exports files in formats that popular accounting packages can read, including MAS 90, QuickBooks, Peachtree, and others. The General Ledger interface saves many hours of expensive, skilled accounting labor by harnessing your existing data to get the job done quickly and easily. General Ledger is an optional plug-in offered as part of CATAPULT point-of-sale.
The GL Interface will export both sales data and purchasing data. This data is then changed into a specific format (depending on your accounting third party) and sent to them directly.
Catapult’s “GL Output” data file can export all sales data, such as the following:
- Tenders Received
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Sales Tax Liability
- Loyalty Liability
- Gift Card Liability
Your General Ledger account can be applied to whatever records are selected in the “Apply Account” field in the General Ledger profile. For example, if the Discount records are selected in this field, then that General Ledger account will be attached to all Discount records.
The “GL_Output” export file also records cash that is over, and short, from the Cashier Reconciliation Worksheet and deposits of cash receipts into the bank account from the Safe and Bank Deposit Worksheet.
The “GL_Output_Invoices” file records all purchasing data and accounts payable data. Inventory is debited, and the vendor account payable is recorded by both name and vendor number for the import into the accounts payable vendor sub-accounts.
The GL Interface can export in many different formats to accommodate a wide array of accounting systems. Catapult can export your GL data in a Comma Delimited file, a Tab Delimited file, or a Quickbooks™ IIF file.
Whether it is one store or multiple stores, all POS activity is imported into the accounting system in a minute or less (typically). This can be done once a day, once a week, or once a month; based on user preference. Each day is separated into a different transaction, to be imported individually, or batched.
- Sales (sorted by department)
- Cash, Check, Charge, Gift Card, FSA etc. tenders
- Cost of goods sold (sorted by department)
- Coupons receivable and Gift Cards payable
- Purchased Accounts payable by vendor (sorted by department)
* MAS 90, QuickBooks, and Peachtree are brands owned by their respective companies and are in no way affiliated with ECRS.
In order to ensure that customers purchasing the Catapult™ General Ledger (GL) interface receive full ROI from this powerful feature, ECRS offers consulting services with our GL interface.
ECRS provides consulting services specific to setting up the GL interface correctly. An experienced consultant, specializing in accounting practices, will assist users in the following areas:
- Remote interface installation
- Matching chart of accounts to each POS function
- Coaching users on how and when current account charts should be expanded in order to leverage Catapult’s full automation capabilities
- For example, Catapult has the ability to track each discount type, tender type, and paid-in/paid-out type. With that, department sales can be further broken down. All of this automation provides unprecedented granular detail, so our users are best served when we provide the consulting necessary to extract this extraordinary automated granularity.
- Mapping accounts
- Performing initial imports/exports
- Management of complex issues such as gift cards, loyalty, and employee discounts